Danish & O'Neill Make POUTINE w/ Bert Kreischer: Something's Burning
September 03, 2018
Bert invites Jeff Danis & Ryan O'Neill from the Danish & O'Neill Podcast to make a questionable recipe of Poutine. If you like tons of sweat, slobber and cheese curds, this is your episode.
POUTINE 2 WAYS!
Classic Poutine and Bert’s Breakfast of Champions Poutine
MAKE THE GRAVY (5-10 minutes)
- Make the roux: In a small saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Add 4 tablespoons flour and mix. Cook 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in 2 cans beef broth. Whisk out all lumps.
- Add these ingredients and whisk until gravy thickens, about 5 minutes or so:
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
4 tablespoons ketchup
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
MAKE THE FRIES - DOUBLE FRY METHOD
- Heat oil to 350°
- Cut potatoes into ¼-inch sticks and put in bowl with cold water
(You want to let the potatoes soak for at least 1 hour for crispy fries.)
- Double fry the potatoes: First in 350° oil, pull out and drain
- Heat oil to 425° and fry again for about 3 minutes.
(WHILE FRIES ARE COOKING, MAKE BLUE CHEESE WEDGE SALAD)
- Core head of lettuce and cut into wedges
- Top with blue cheese dressing and blue cheese crumbles
MAKE CLASSIC POUTINE
- Top half the fries with gravy and cheese curds
MAKE BERT’S BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS POUTINE
- Fry eggs and bacon.
- Top fries with gravy, curds, eggs, and bacon