Brad Williams and Adam Ray Hit the Grill | Something's Burning
April 08, 2019
Adam Ray & Brad Williams from About Last Night Podcast join Bert on a new episode of Something's Burning. Bert's trying to be healthy and mixes it up by making a nice steak dinner with mini Blooming Onions.
RIBEYE STEAK AND TOMAHAWK STEAK
40 oz Tomahawk Steak 28 Day Dry-Aged
18 oz Bone-in ribeyes (Dry-aged 28 days)
10 oz Prime Filet Mignon (Wet Aged 28 days)
- All pre-seasoned, already salted
- Cook with butter, pepper, some salt
PREPARE THE MEAT
- Thanks to LKSD Kitchen in Downey, California for the meat.
HOW TO COOK the FILET:
- Cook in skillet with a lot of butter, two minutes on either side, finish in 450 degree oven for 14 minutes, flipping at 7 minutes
- Lower heat to 350 degrees for the potatoes
Prepare the Twice-Baked Potatoes
- Cut each cooked potato in half lengthwise and scrape out the insides into the mixing bowl, being careful not to tear the shell. Leave a small rim of potato intact for support.
- Lay on a baking sheet.
- Smash the potatoes with 1 stick butter, ½ cup bacon bits and ½ cup sour cream.
½ cup cheese
½ cup milk
Black pepper to taste
- Fill the potato shells with the filling. Top with a little more grated cheese and bake until warmed through, 15 to 20 minutes.
PREPARE THE BLOOMIN’ ONIONS
- Heat a bunch of oil for deep-frying (try to get to 400 degrees)
- Make the onion breading. Whisk together in a bowl:
2½ cups flour
1 teaspoon cayenne
2 tablespoons paprika
½ teaspoon thyme
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon cumin
Black pepper in a bowl
- In another bowl, whisk together: