Kyle Kinane & Matt Braunger Make Bourbon Maple Cocktails: Something's Burning
October 28, 2019
On a special Halloween episode of Something's Burning, Bert shows fellow comedians Kyle Kinane and Matt Braunger how to make a very spooky treat: Bourbon Maple Cocktails and fried devil eggs. Follow along with the recipe below.
Bourbon Maple Cider Cocktails and Deep-Fried DEVILED Eggs
Prepare Bourbon Maple Cider Cocktails:
- For 3 cocktails, fill cocktail shaker with ice, 4 ounces bourbon, 4 ounces applejack, 2 ounces maple syrup, and 1 dash Angostura bitters. Strain into ice-filled cocktail glasses, then top each glass with cider.
Make the deep-fried DEVILed Eggs:
- Fill a pot with 2 inches oil and preheat to 350˚F.
- Peel the pre-boiled eggs and carefully scoop egg yolks from the egg whites, into a mixing bowl and set whites aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1.5 tablespoons relish and 2 teaspoons dijon mustard to yolks and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Mash together until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasonings, cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Set up an assembly line with:
- The cooked egg whites
- A dish with 1.5 cups flour
- A dish with 2 large beaten eggs
- A dish with 1.5 cups panko breadcrumbs and 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers mixed together
- Dredge egg whites into the flour, eggs and finally the panko-cracker mixture, shaking off any excess after each addition. Repeat until all the egg whites have been breaded.
- Carefully add egg whites to the pot, a few at a time, and fry on each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain fried whites onto a paper towel and lightly season with salt and pepper. Transfer whites to a cooling rack (to prevent them from getting soggy) and repeat until all have been fried.
- Scoop about 1-2 tablespoons of the yolk mixture into each well (or scoop mixture into a ziploc bag, cut the tip, and pipe into the wells).
- Finish each egg with a sprinkle of chives and serve.