Steve Lemme & Kevin Heffernan Make Homemade McGriddles w/ Bert Kreischer
July 23, 2018
Bert invites Steve Lemme & Kevin Heffernan from Super Troopers 2 to make McGriddles with maple syrup crack infused into the batter. They even help Bert create a new catchphrase. Full recipe and episode below!
HOMEMADE MCGRIDDLES AND HASHBROWNS
- MAKE SYRUP CRYSTALS a. Heat a cup of pure maple syrup in a pan over medium heat. b. Stir and heat the syrup until it starts to thicken or you start to see crystals forming on the bottom or side of the pan. c. Pour the syrup onto a chilled plate and allow the syrup to crystallize. If you pour the syrup onto a dark-colored plate, it will be easier to watch the crystals form.
- MAKE THE HASHBROWNS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Rub 4 potatoes with oil and salt and bake for 45 minutes.
- After they’ve cooled, shred them using box grater
- Add kosher salt, some black pepper, ½ teaspoon paprika and 1 beaten egg.
- Gently mix using a fork
- Add 2 tablespoons flour
- Shape into ½-inch thick patties
- Pan fry 1 minute per side or until golden brown. Place hash brown patties in a single layer with spacing around them. Pan fry for 1 minute per side or until golden brown then remove to a paper towel and season with salt.
- MAKE THE SAUSAGE PATTIES
- Form patties and fry in a skillet, set aside
- MAKE THE PANCAKE BUNS
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup milk, 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 egg.
- Add dry ingredients to milk mixture; whisk until just moistened
- Crack the maple sugar crystals into pieces
- Cook the buns in frying pan using molds- Fill only halfway with batter, then some maple syrup crystals, then more batter. Flip when bubbles form.
- MAKE THE EGGS
- Cook three eggs as desired
- ASSEMBLE THE MCGRIDDLES