Colin Quinn & Nick Di Paolo Make Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches: Something's Burning
September 02, 2019
Bert is back in New York with comedy legends Colin Quinn & Nick Di Paolo. Colin and Nick reminisce about the Tough Crowd days while Bert attempts to make chicken parmesan sandwiches. Follow along with the recipe below!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, turkey or pork cutlets (or use chicken thighs for even more flavor)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 to 3 cups panko bread crumbs, as needed
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Black pepper, as needed
- Olive oil, for frying
- 5 cups Simple Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan, preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano
- ½ pound fresh mozzarella, torn into bite-sized pieces
- Place cutlets between two pieces of parchment or plastic wrap. Pound to 1/4 -in-thick slices with rolling pin.
- Pour enough oil into a heavy large saucepan to reach the depth of 3 inches. Heat over medium heat to 350 degrees F.
- Breading station - three dishes- 3 eggs, 3 cups panko, and ½ cup flour. FLour -> Eggs -> Panko
- When oil is hot, fry cutlets in batches, turning halfway through, until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Use preheated tomato sauce
- When chicken is 165 degrees F, remove from pan and let sit on plate to dry.
Put chicken on bread, layer with tomato sauce and cheese
- Broil until cheese is browned.